Caisla - LONG road ahead! Breathing tube out today - post #6

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Nana2KJS, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Thanks to all for prayers and well-wishes so far. Caisla has made baby step improvements, but still has a LONG way to go.

Before.... [​IMG]

[​IMG] ... post accident, but making bits of progress.

Breathing tubes to be removed tomorrow, she will have to have a tracheotomy and feeding tube ... pray this additional surgery goes well. Whole story here: http://www.myspace.com/galbug1600

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Do you know this family? If so, please tell them that prayers are coming from a tiny village in Canada. I read her Mom's blog everyday hoping that this will be the day that Caisla says "Mom". My heart breaks for her mother. It sounds as tho progress is being made each day and although I know the road will be a long and bumpy one, it is looking hopeful.

3. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    While we are not close friends, our families attend the same church and my daughter took care of Caisla in the church's after school program for a couple years. I will definitely pass on your thoughts and prayers.

4. cmb19

cmb19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    PA
    I hope the family doesn't mind but I may be emailing her through myspace...I had a trache and feeding earlier this year when I was so sick. I only have a small scar from both. I actually had the feeding tube longer than the trache. I see she's hoping to hear her speak soon, I hope she doesn't have her hopes up too high, if they put in a large trache she will likely be unable to speak until they change it to a smaller one. I say likely because I had in the largest trache originally and I could get sounds out if I tried very hard, but since I had pneumonia and severly damaged lungs she may have an easier time of it.

5. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    I just heard from Cherilyn and they are quite touched that so many people are praying for them and thinking of them. She actually told me that anyone can contact her directly through emails/myspace. She has long long breaks between getting to see Caisla, and she spends a lot of time online.

6. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Looking better already!
    [​IMG]

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Sweet baby ... I am soo glad she is doing better.. I will keep praying for a speedy recovery but it looks like she is well on her way ...

8. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    My 14 yr old DD and I have been keeping track of her progress by reading mom's blog..... she is one lady who deserves Extreme Makeover or something like that.... house paid for, bills taken care of, animals cared for..... they are both in our thoughts and prayers....

I do not think it is right that the hospital will not allow mom to stay with her daughter; to me I think she would heal faster if she was aware mom was there all the time. It would drive me nuts to not be with my kids when I wanted to be with them....

9. cmb19

cmb19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    PA
    Quote:She's probably not allowed to constantly have visitors because of the skull flaps and risk for illness and overstimulation. I was hospitalized this year and for the longest time I was not allowed to have more than 3 people in the room at a time and there were designated times when no one could be there at all. Once I was awake again and the risk that I would die at any time was less, I was allowed more people. To be honest though, I think the hospital made exceptions for my visitors because I was the youngest in the ICU and my family was driving 4 hours from home to see me. She needs her time to rest so she can recover quicker, the quieter it is for long periods of time, the better.

ETA...If I knew my family was in the room, I tried extremely hard to stay awake even though I knew I needed to get my rest just because I wanted to see them and hear them talk. (I had a trache too, I wasn't able to speak) This could be a fear of the doctors as well.

10. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Prayers and hugs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by