Caitlin W - New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Caitlin W, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Caitlin W

Caitlin W New Egg

Nov 18, 2016
    Hi

I kept chickens for many years, but don't have any now. I am looking to change that and I have to start from the beginning with good fencing and a coop.

I am oldish -75 as is my hubby, so it takes us a while to do a project, plus hubby is quite indifferent to my common comments about wanting chickens. We have a son in law with some ideas.

Joining this forum is one of my ploys to bring chickens back into our lives.
    Caitlin W

brrrrruck cuk cuk
    [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Caitlin, it's nice to have you join us! If your son-in-law is wanting to get involved with the chickens, that would be a great hobby for the 2 of you to share (and might end up interesting other family members too).

Take a look around BYC, there's everything from building coops, to selecting breeds best for you and on to helping you out with any other questions you may have. Starting with the Learning Center is usually a good first stop.

Good luck with your plans!

3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! I am also glad to hear you want to start keeping chickens again! As @N F C said, the Learning Center is usually the first place you want to check out (https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center)
    I hope you enjoy your time on BYC! Best wishes!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Caitlin

Glad you could join us here! It's great to hear you are getting back into keeping chickens and that you have your son in law on board. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Caitlin W, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard. Glad you are taking up chicken raising. As you already know, with the right set up there are really not very labor intensive. I wish you and your husband all the success in the world and thank you for joining BYC! [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from downunder Caitlin [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!

Great ploy joining BYC, lots of pictures and great stories to fuel that need for chickens urge [​IMG]

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Caitlin. Maybe you just need to "find" a stray chicken in your yard. Then you have to get it some companions. That ruse seems to work for a lot folks on here.

For some the stray chicken is the real deal. Some Bycers have gotten 2-3 chickens that way. Too many people toss out ones that don't like - hopefully they find a better home.

10. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by