Cake Balls

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by The Chicken Lady, Jan 27, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I've been meaning to put these pics on BYC. I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and tried it over the holidays. You can use any combination of cake and frosting you want to make them. They would be perfect for a party or a shower, depending on how they are decorated.

I made some of the cake balls with chocolate cake mix and chocolate fudge frosting, then rolled them in cocoa powder before dipping them in melted chocolate. Divine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Them look yummy I will have to try them

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've got that recipe but I've had it for a few years now, don't remember where it came from! My students love to make those, my friends grandkids love to make them and they are so easy for portion control for kids and they think it's such a special treat they don't mind only having one or two!

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    MMMM, yummy! I'll have to give those a try! [​IMG]

5. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Ooooh- they look really good! It seems like my kids have snack duty at school at least once a week now- these would be great for that!!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    These would be really easy for kids to make, actually. You'd just need to bake the cake and mix in the frosting. The kids could be the ones making the ball shapes, dunking them in chocolate, and decorating (it's messy).

7. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I have made them once. I think I used too much frosting (i used the whole container) and they were soooo sticky! This lady has some awesome ideas http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ and she was featured on Martha Stewart last summer I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by