cal duck egg

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by call ducks, Mar 24, 2009.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Just put my frist call duck egg in the batour and there is a good chance that it 's going to be frtly because it is 1 hen and there are two drakes.I know that it is 1 male to 2 female but can't find any other females a round here . So now that she has laid her frist egg when do you think i will get an egg a day ?

2. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    hello any one here

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    it may be fertile and it may not. the best way to find out is crack it and check for a bulls eye.

there is no certainty that you will get one egg a day. if i remember correctly, Calls lay about 50 eggs +/- each during their season.

my girls lay pretty regularly. we have three call ducks and one drake. we get 2-3 eggs a day.

4. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Will her neck is looking like shes has been mated a lot. The under ferthers are showing.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    she may be mated but you should still go ahead and crack a few open to see if she functions properly, or throw some in the incubator to test fertility. (which can be iffy, as a rotten egg would be horrid.)

if she is missing that much plumage, you may want to remove one of the drakes for her safety.

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i put that egg in and will see in 7-10 days hopeing for the best. But geting 6 call ducklings in april 3 blue fawn and 3 snowy Yay [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    just got 1 more call egg.

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

My girls lay everyday.

Also, I would remove one drake, as 2 drakes to 1 hen isnt good. The drakes could overmate the hen, and possibly injure her.

9. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i Know but not sure wich one. grey or pastel. all get blue fwan if i grey X piastill but i also whant some pastils. wich one should i take a way ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by