Calcium deposits?

TheHenDen

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
Hi all. I have 13 hens. 6 are currently laying, the others are just about ready. One of my hens (black star chicken) is all of a sudden laying these eggs (pic attached) with calcium deposits on the shells. I feed 16-18% protein organic layer feed from scratch and peck feeds with Kalmbach Henhouse reserve mixed in. They free range during the day. I clean the coop out every day. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Attachments

• 9EE5ADAF-9FCE-4415-8155-8AB45943AB09.jpeg
    9EE5ADAF-9FCE-4415-8155-8AB45943AB09.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 15
From what I've heard, calcium deposits are basically just a glitch in the production line. I have a three-year-old hen who's laid eggs like that her whole life! There's nothing wrong with the chicken or the egg. How exciting you're getting so many eggs!
Oh wow! Thank you! I thought it was something with my feed. She just started doing it about 2 weeks ago after laying glitch free eggs!

Hi all. I have 13 hens. 6 are currently laying, the others are just about ready. One of my hens (black star chicken) is all of a sudden laying these eggs (pic attached) with calcium deposits on the shells. I feed 16-18% protein organic layer feed from scratch and peck feeds with Kalmbach Henhouse reserve mixed in. They free range during the day. I clean the coop out every day. Any ideas? Suggestions?
I have a similar issue with my Ameuricana. I have read its too much calcium, another site says not enough calcium. I have 15 birds and they all eat the same thing and this one is the only one laying these strange eggs. Let me know if you find out any other solutions. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom