The Chicken and the Bee

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had my backyard flock for about 2 years now but I am just starting to get serious about all of it. Love raising chickens and I hope to build a business around it. I just started incubating my own eggs and have successfully hatched about 50 chicks.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have about 35 mature chickens and about 30 chicks. We also have 2 turkeys and 3 guineas.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Wow this will be quite a long list. I will start with the ones I am most excited about....

• Ayam Cemanis
  • Blue Gold Partridge English Brahmas
  • Blue English Brahmas
  • Lavender English Brahmas
  • Golden Laced English Brahmas
  • Silver laced English Orpingtons
  • Mottled English Orpingtons
  • Lavender Ameracaunas
  • Black Copper Marans
  • Olive Eggers
  • Buttercream Blue Eggers
  • Cream Legbars
  • Golden laced Wyandotte
  • Blue Wyandotte
  • Welsummers
  • Bard Rock
  • Ameracauna
  • Silkies
  • Mille Fleur D'Uccle
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Jersey Giant
  • Gold Star
  • Black Australorps
  • Buff rock
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I have used this site for references when I encounter issues with my flock.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Building coops, gardening, permaculture, raising black solider flies, composting, quilting, being a mom
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I was a high school teacher for the last 10 years and I have decided to try my hand at opening a business building chicken coops and getting the client set up with mature hens and all the information so they are fully equip to have fresh eggs immediately.

Attachments

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium member
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
There are some companies that let people rent the chickens - coop etc. and they can decide to keep them, or end the project after so many months. I don't know how popular/ successful they are.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

N F C

yep, still winter
Staff member
Premium member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
:welcome

That's an impressive list of breeds you raise! Best of luck with your future endeavors and thanks for joining us!

rjohns39

Wrangling Birds
Project manager
Premium member
Aug 20, 2015
Smith County, TN
Hi and welcome to BYC:frow Day care centers and schools will often rent a coop, hens, buy hatching eggs and rent the small bator... We're so happy you joined us:ya

Latest posts