Cali mama needing help / kids/ grain free chicken eggs/ will raise my own when i can . Please help:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eva76, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Eva76

Eva76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2016
    Hi guys, Joining from Mission Viejo,CA, currently visiting Big Bear lake ( San Bernadino County). Current conditions are not allowing me to raise my own chickens but i hope that can change later in a year on next year. I grew up on a farm as a kid, and we had every animal that you can think off and the eggs were absolutely delicious.

Due to my son`s allergies, i am having a hard time finding chicken eggs that come from grain free chickens.

Would you happen to know of Any local resources, private farmers etc?

Same goes for duck eggs.

Please let me know if anyone of you can help.

Big thanks.

Eva

2. Eva76

Eva76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2016
    ...i cannot edit my original post but-free range chickens...eating bugs and scrapes and veggies., potatoes ,..freely roaming around

My son has grain allergies and corn and soy.

Same for ducks and geese...

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Eva, Welcome to BYC. Type 'California' in the search bar at the top of the page. Several Cali. threads will appear, and perhaps someone there can help you. Good luck.

4. guineapeeps

guineapeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2016
    In Limbo
    Have you thought of Guinea fowl eggs? They eat a very high protein diet. Mine live on mostly bugs, ticks, grasshoppers, and crickets (during the time of year when they are plentiful here in Iowa). During the winter, when bugs are in short supply, they eat a higher protein poultry food. Overall, Guinea fowl eat far fewer grains than chickens, so you may want to check into it and see if it works for your son. As a side note, their eggs are the size of a small to medium chicken egg, but are much more rich and flavorful and they have very hard shells, so they would probably ship relatively well if you had to have them sent to you.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Eva. I hope someone can suggest something that will not aggravate your son's allergies.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Eva and welcome to BYC. You have some great advice already and i wish you the best of luck.

Cheers
    CT

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by