Calico Cochin Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lovin my birds, Mar 8, 2012.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I just went to a lady that lives nearby to pick up some Blue Marans chicks. Well I got 10 and 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks (1 Cockerel and 1 Pullet). Well she was showing me around the farm and I saw the most amazing thing ever. A pen of calico cochin bantams. Oh they where so beautiful! I was drooling over them and then this lovely woman says "I have some young ones that I can part with" [​IMG]I about cried! Seriously! I have been looking for some for the longest time and here they where. They are so beautiful! I am so excited. The pullets are 3 months old and the little rooster that I got is 9 months. I will get pics asap and see what you all think. This is also my first time owning calicos. And most of you that I see with this color have different colors mixed in with them. I have some babies growing up now from Luckypickens (thank you) and can put some of the hens I get out of them in with them.

Experts I need advice so that I know how and what colors to breed them with to come out with the best coloring. Thanks!

Pics coming soon.

2. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    Hope the pics come in soon!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by