Calico Princess...with a beard?

chirpyderp

Chirping
Apr 19, 2021
This pullet was sold to me as a Calico Princess, but I have not found a single picture on the internet of a Calico Princess with a beard (and muffs? I’m still learning all the terminology!) Any idea what this bird is?
1188AD01-37BC-4947-A292-0EA5DF8E7F26.jpeg

But she has calico feather type. I understand that easter egger can have any feathery type. But why would there be a coincidence that the easter has the same coloring as a calico princess with confuses me. Its probably a mix bewteen a calico princess and an easter egger.
Easter Eggers come in every color. Just because this EE has similar coloring to a Calico Princess doesn't make it a Calico Princess mix.

But she has calico feather type. I understand that easter egger can have any feathery type. But why would there be a coincidence that the easter has the same coloring as a calico princess with confuses me. Its probably a mix bewteen a calico princess and an easter egger.
Calico Princesses are dominant red barred to my understanding. This bird is not. Her variety is not the same. Since she's an Easter Egger, she's not a standardized variety, but if I had to come up with the closest one it would be chamois-pencilled. Definitely not dominant red barred and hatchery birds are not random mixes

Back
Top Bottom