Calif. N.Central Valley/Foothills

kfchickenlady

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 28, 2010
N.Calif.
Hi, anyone here from the northern half of the central valley and foothills? Id like to meet a few others in my area to chat about any kind of poultry or livestock! Im near the foothills, where are you?

Hi Margarete,
It's Karen in Turlock & I see you have met Jules in Atwater too. See you this week end Jules. I don't think Kim gets to come but I am certainly looking forward to it. I will twll Kim in Modesto about the new thread. I know she is really active on the BayArea thread.
I am not a super computer perso or I would send her a hyperlink.
In the incubator right now I have:
BCM a few of my own Presley/Jeanne/ Davis
BCM from Sean Lail in Antioch (I picked them up in person)
Ams from Crystal Creek Cindy Aultman
Heritage Delawares from mine for a friend to raise
Assorted Yokohamas for my son. He has 3 in the brooder from last time.
BCM from HeatherBoer from Greenfire Farms
OEs from Keri Wilford.
Blue Wheaten Ams from Jeremy in Oakland ( I picked them up in person. We met in the middle at Tracy)
All in all my shipped eggs have been a big disapointment but I do keep trying so I can get the stock I want. I have had a few "no hatch" at all & several just a few get out. Recently I got 4 Wheaten Marans from #7/8 eggs from Fitzgerald hatch out of 18. 2 had chicks that didn't make it & the rest were clear from poor handling or whatever. Very disappointing. Out od 3 batches of 12 shipped Dominiques I have 3 chicks in the brooder. I have another dozen on the way. We'll see.
I do much better with my own eggs but don't have all the breeds I want yet.
Hope you guys are doing better.
Have a good day
Karen

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Good deal Kim,
You didn't make it over yesterday. Did you decide to do the eggs yourself???? Write or call. I have a doctor appointment at 10.30 this morning & nothing else planned.
Karen

Quote:
Good deal Kim,
You didn't make it over yesterday. Did you decide to do the eggs yourself???? Write or call. I have a doctor appointment at 10.30 this morning & nothing else planned.
Karen

I'm working on it. I'll call you.

May end up setting them, but I want to see if you can get some to break through that first membrane. They are so thick!

On my way to the auction. Taking extra chicks that haven't sold.

I just got a BCM cockeral this weekend. I'm not using him in my breeding program and he had yellow legs. I may use him for my BCM x Games, but if someone would want him he's here.

Back
Top Bottom