California Bay Area people,starting co-op for organic non soy feed

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mustangsaguaro, Apr 22, 2011.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    I live in the south bay (Morgan Hill/Gilroy area) and I'm trying to get a co-op of people together to obtain organic non-soy chicken feed (layer or starter whichever you prefer or even both, and the starter is non medicated). I'd like to know if there is an interest among people to get something like this going. I'd like to get something going w/in the next 2 months. Please post if you are interested. If you are not in the south bay and are still interested please feel free to post. Just be aware that you would need to come down to the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area to pick up your feed. It will be delivered to one central location. Would like to order every 2 or 3 months or as needed so you would need to pre order however many bags of feed you think you might use in a 2 or 3 month time period. The feed is roughly $25-$27/bag depending on what you order. There is also a pallet fee that depending on how many people were to order that fee would be divided among everyone. So the more people that order the less the pallet fee.

Thanks
    Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by