California Chicken people

Just wondering how many members on here from live in California and what city and kind of chickens you have? Thanks
Hi, I'm way up in McKinleyville, Humboldt County on the redwood coast. My flock of 8 are almost old enough to start laying now (well, the 2 Easter Eggers I raised from peeps are about 7 weeks younger than the older pullets so they'll be awhile). The "big girls" are a Buff Orpington, Delaware and Barred Plymouth Rock (from the top in the pecking order!) followed by a Black Austrolorp, Rhode Island Red and a Whiting's True Blue. The Egger girls share the bottom rank. I'm very fortunate that they mostly get along fine, just the occasional dominance display/facedown or a "reminder peck" on the back if someone lower-rank tries to move up or go after a treat before the Biggers have their share. 😉

What breeds/how many chickens do you have there in Temecula? We used to go wine tasting around there when we lived in SoCal.

Hi, I'm way up in McKinleyville, Humboldt County on the redwood coast. My flock of 8 are almost old enough to start laying now (well, the 2 Easter Eggers I raised from peeps are about 7 weeks younger than the older pullets so they'll be awhile). The "big girls" are a Buff Orpington, Delaware and Barred Plymouth Rock (from the top in the pecking order!) followed by a Black Austrolorp, Rhode Island Red and a Whiting's True Blue. The Egger girls share the bottom rank. I'm very fortunate that they mostly get along fine, just the occasional dominance display/facedown or a "reminder peck" on the back if someone lower-rank tries to move up or go after a treat before the Biggers have their share. 😉

What breeds/how many chickens do you have there in Temecula? We used to go wine tasting around there when we lived in

What breeds/how many chickens do you have there in Temecula? We used to go wine tasting around there when we lived in SoCal.
We have a lot of chickens about 75 of them, Easter Eggers, Deathlayers, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Ayam Cemani, Jersey Giant’s, Cuckoo Marans and Dark Brahmas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom