California Hatchery

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
Has anyone ordered from them before? I have searched on here and haven't found much about them
hu.gif
. They seem similar to My Pet Chicken, where they drop ship but they have chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese.

They are also thieves. They are using photos of my Welsh Harlequin ducks without my permission. The really funny thing is the two hens featured are poor examples of what a Welsh Harlequin should look like. I do not use Wendy (the darker hen) for breeding. The other hen was eaten by a hawk, but I wouldn't have used her for breeding either. Both of them came from Metzer.

The other photo of mine is of a young drake from HOLDERREADS! He was a good breeder and a gorgeous boy when he feathered out, but he was NOT any of THEIR breeding stock.

I was going to call them and chew them out, but they don't even have a phone number. I emailed them giving them my stock photo rates and told them to pay up or take the photos down.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5151/picture4zr.png

The only image not mine is the one with the white background. That one looks suspiciously like one from a different hatchery I saw last year. Can't remember which one though.

Last edited:
Just got a reply from the company... "We have removed all welsh harlequin photos that were not exclusively owned by us. If you have any welsh harlequin photos of the duck on a white background image we would consider purchasing them for $25. "

My photos are down and I am satisfied.

If you were really a breeder selling quality ducks, why would you settle for stock photography of someone's random ducks?

Something seriously wrong here.

I just came across them as well and was wondering about the same thing.
Thanks for the input, I am not liking the fact that there is no address or phone number it makes me a little nervous.
I wonder if anyone has had positive experience with them.

I had spoken to them by email a few times and they were very short with me, I had asked about a contact number and they said they were in the middle of changeing there number and don't have one at this time. I got a weird feeling so i didn't order from them.

Back
Top Bottom