California-Inland Empire

Pics
Hi neighbor! I am not far from you.

I moved to CA last summer and am preparing for future poultry. Goslings are due at the end of March, and I will also get some chicks. In the past I've had buff orpingtons and am leaning toward orpingtons again, but maybe in another color.

What do you raise?

3dogs: Hey neighbor! I like orps too, but don't currently have any. As far as chickens are concerned, I have cochin bantys, frizzle bantys, standard cochins, a couple black australorps, and a white jersey giant and a black jersey giant. I also have two ducks and a canadian goose. And an amazing welsh corgi named Emmie, and a horse named Dottie! What kind of geese are you hatching?

Potter: My boyfriend lives in La Verne, so I am out there all the time. What kind of chickens do you have?

Miss Dottie, I am not hatching goslings. The four toulouse are coming from Holderread's. I had some before for a couple of years and really liked them.

I just joined the United Orpington Club and hope to get some leads on west coast breeders of these birds. I had Rouen ducks for many years, but don't plan to add ducks to my little homestead - at least in the near term.

Right now, I am working on housing and fencing in anticipation of my new arrivals. Developing at least a small pasture area is also on my agenda. I miss not having a Tractor Supply store in the area, and wish they would consider building a one here.

I have a mixture of birds. Right now I only have 10, but I have had as many as 23 in the past if you include the meat birds when I had them. Right now I have delawares, easter eggers, an australorp, an RIR, a black sex-link, and a light brahma. I would really like to have some LF polish, but I can't justify taking up space with birds that won't lay the way I need them to. As soon as my husband builds a new coop and run, I hope to get some though!

Hi! I am from Phoenix, but we have an office in IE...anybody wanna do a flaming-dog-poo-bag run for a fellow BYCer?
fl.gif

Just kidding! Everytime I travel that way, everyone is so nice.

3Dogs: My parents own a fence company, they install fences and also sell materials retail. If you are in our area and need a fence supplier, just thought I would mention that.

PotterWatch: Do you have goats too? I want another goat so badly, but can't have one right now.

I don't have goats right now. We did have them up until a year ago when we sold our three girls to a friend. Our current property just isn't the best set-up for them, but I love goats and can't wait to have them again! We had mini-manchas and I think when we are in a position to get them again, I will probably go for the standard LaManchas as long as we have the room. I love the earless look!

I have a couple birds up for sale in the 8wks and older section right now if anyone is looking for some good, young laying hens!

Back
Top Bottom