1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California nooooob:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by swartz2013, Feb 26, 2014.

1. swartz2013

swartz2013 New Egg

Feb 26, 2014
    Hey y'all,

Love this site and love my animals. So... Intros... My husband dusty and I just got married last September. Weve been raising chickens officially for 3 yrs now.

It all started when I was 4 and my parents owned a resort on the water. I had my ducks. Even had momma ducks that would let me stay with their eggs while they went down to the lake to get food and water. Anyhow that's another time.
    My chicken expedition started with the interest and the inevitable "omg they're so cute" (high pitched voice) when running into the spring babies at tractor supply, while purchasing baby ducks.

Started with 4 hens and baby ducks. Then it seemed he would bring me home new chickens every time we fought. Eventually I stopped fighting weigh him cuz we didn't have anymore room. Lol.

Then we had a predator. A few of them actually. We were starting over every 3 mos or so. Buggers. Come to find out. "Bobcat" thank goodness for farming life and the ability to obtain a removal type license. Hubby took care it. So now we have 11 total. They all have a certain type of breed but I don't care what they r I love them all and they r my babies that drive me nuts lol.

3 roosters later we finally have one we really like his name is Reggie and he is a golden Sussex. The first one had a terrible crow and the second one did too but he wouldn't be quiet. Drive me crazy

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and it is great to have you aboard!

4. texgardengal

texgardengal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    from Washington state glad you joined us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe you could drop in on the predator threads and see what you can do to protect your flock.

Are you allowed to use electric fencing in your area?

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by