California Poultry Shows ~ Bakersfield and Victorville (Dec 4th)!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by NoseyChickens, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Is anyone out there going to the Bakersfield show next weekend (Novemeber 13&14) or the Victorville show next month (Dec 4th I believe)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. sosanista

sosanista Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2008
    Nicasio
    Do you have a link to more info on the show? Somebody told me about it and I'm thinking about taking the family.

3. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
  4. sosanista

sosanista Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2008
    Nicasio
    I went to the show in Bakersfield yesterday with my family. It was my first show and well worth it. I saw some first class examples of the birds I've been raising and learned a whole lot from the breeders. Highlights were meeting a guy who claimed his grandfather developed the original white cornish in the late 1800s, talking to judges about my favorite breeds, and meeting the author Christine Heinrichs (chicken journalist author of How To Raise Chickens: Everything You Need to Know) and her Husband. Everybody was more than happy to share information with a young novice like myself. Looking forward to the Victorville show. People in Bakersfield told me it will be like 3x as big. Great!

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    never been to a poultry show, can anyone go and look????? i live like 10 mins from victorville

6. NoseyChickens

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Yes! Anyone can go. We had so much fun at the Bakersfield show. We even won four sets of birds in the breeders raffle. My girls were thrilled. All of the activities for the Victorville show are pretty much on Saturday.

Here is the event schedule

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, December 3rd

12:00pm-9:00pm.............................. Coop in, we have two buildings this year

6:00pm-8:00pm.............................. Free Exhibitor Pot Luck Dinner

Saturday, December 4th

7:00am-8:00am ............................... Coop in & Gamefowl registration

8:30am............................................ Judges/Clerks Meeting

9:00am............................................ Judging begins

9:30am ........................................... Showmanship

10:00am............................................ *Gamefowl Class Judging begins

12:00pm-1:00pm................................ Judges Lunch

1:00pm............................................ Breeder Auction

3:00pm............................................ Raffle

6:00pm............................................ Building closes

7:30pm ........................................... California National Awards Dinner at Golden Corral Buffet

* The Gamefowl class will be will be released when their judging is complete.

Sunday December 5th

8:00am - noon. ............................... Awards and coop out

We are going to go. I am looking forward to it. Here is the link for the club putting it on. I am thinking of joining. I hope to learn more about it. youngest DD and I want to learn about showing.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res107k3s/index.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by