California Quail Egg / Incubation

jmacyoung

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
I have some questions about quail incubation. Any advice / suggestions are very welcome.

1) I just received a shipment of 100 quail eggs. I live in CA, the producer was on the East Coast, and it looks like there was 7 days of ship time. Should I be concerned my little pals were in transit too long?

2) If the shipper sent the package on March 20th, when should I stop turning the eggs? Is it 18 days after the 20th, or 18 days after I received the eggs (the 27th) and put them in the incubator.

Thanks!

I have some questions about quail incubation. Any advice / suggestions are very welcome.

1) I just received a shipment of 100 quail eggs. I live in CA, the producer was on the East Coast, and it looks like there was 7 days of ship time. Should I be concerned my little pals were in transit too long? Shipping can be hard on eggs. 7 days is long, but that does not mean you won't get a good hatch. Let the eggs rest for 12-24 hours on the counter before incubation to setting all the bubbles in the egg and come to room temp.

2) If the shipper sent the package on March 20th, when should I stop turning the eggs? Is it 18 days after the 20th, or 18 days after I received the eggs (the 27th) and put them in the incubator? If you start incubation on them on the 1st of April, then April 20th is the day to stop egg turning. They should hatch on day 22 or 23. Good luck!

Thanks!

I've always set me eggs down for one day before incubation. That would help them settle for a day. If you store them properly, they can be good for 10 days (Max), after that - the eggs may be to old.

Back
Top Bottom