1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California raised

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by applesetoranges, Feb 7, 2016.

1. applesetoranges

applesetoranges New Egg

Feb 7, 2016
    Hey, I really joined to find out more about my flock of chickens also just to get to know the chicken community more. Recently my flock got much bigger originally I had 3 RIR hens 3 naked neck hens and a naked neck rooster. Now well I have an assortment of chickens that I really have no idea what breed they are (probably mixed breeds) but they are gentle and seem to get along with the original 7. So nothing really to complain about.

2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! You can try posting pictures here or in the What Breed Or Gender Is This? forum. Sounds like you got a case of chicken math too.
    [​IMG]

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you would post clear photos of your birds (individually) and ages, we would take a stab at ID.ing them for you. Or post at "what breed or gender is this." [​IMG]

5. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have decided to join us.

All the best
    CT

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here. Chickens do have a way of multiplying...chicken math is funny that way. Hope you're enjoying your birds and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by