California Snow Pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by debilorrah, Dec 18, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We had more snow yesterday than in 100 years in these parts. IT is beautiful this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    AWWWW I want snow!! We have snow every year but I still love it!!! I cant wait for it to get here!! The pics are soooo pretty. The only time our snow looks perfect is really early in the morning before the dogs go out and poop it all up....blah.

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Debi, there you go with your photos of snow again. I'll have you know that I used your other pic of your office back parking lot from yesterday, to try to get to back to sleep this morning at 2:15. I was there with my brain pinging away like Pac-Man on acid, and I thought, I gotta discipline myself into falling asleep again. DH is on his second week of a nasty cold and he was hack-hack-hacking away, all miserable and restless. So I think of your picture to try to get me to relax, and it started working a little bit, then all of a sudden, DH falls asleep, all peaceful like. I thought, MAN, I aimed the picture the wrong way! Drat! Now I'm back to ping-ping-pingy-ping until his alarm goes off hours later. I'm very tired now.

4. debilorrah

I am tired too. It took ll my energy scarping 2 feet of snow off my car this morning. I never knew how much work that is!!!!!!!!!

5. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    You are going to drive!?!?! BE CAREFUL! I am sure there are so many people there who have never driven in snow before and will crash their cars all over the place! Even in WI people who have lived here all their lives crash their cars all over the place because they are dumb and forget how to drive in the snow.

6. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Looks amazing Debi,

Hope you are enjoying the experience. lol... Cleaning the car is never good when it is so cold is it?

Looks fantastic anyway.

Jena.

7. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Oh, no kidding. Please, be careful. There will be lots of crazies out there. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Quote:I have been at work for an hour and a half now. The rule is to never be next to someone else. Apparently most people around here don't know that. So I had to slow down and speed up to NOT have someone next to me. I watched so many numbnuts spinning all over the place. And I drive a Corolla!!!!

9. debilorrah

I just hope it doesn't freeze again before I get home - it was only 36 here today.....

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I thought that the snow driving rule #1 was to stop & speed up as little as possible: go slowly but avoid sudden movements & speed changes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by