California True Amercauna breeder list please

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by winekntrychicks, Aug 6, 2010.

1. winekntrychicks

winekntrychicks Pooper Peeper

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    I would like some true Ameraucana's Please someone direct me to a tried and true breeder. Preferably California please. Thank you

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Did you try the Ameraucana Club site they have a breeders/sellers list available just click on it. You can also post a want ad as a spectator. Good luck.

3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I will have Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and Splash Wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs and chicks available next spring, (March, '11.) if you can wait until next year I can guarantee you some great birds! My stock comes from pips&peeps, who is also on BYC. She is in WA.

It'd be great to work with you!

4. winekntrychicks

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    Quote:Thanks, yes I can wait. I am over run with chickens right now. Need to find homes for my overstock. How do I get on your reminder list? Thanks

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I'll add your name and username to a list that I've already started on my computer. My pullets will actually be laying in about a month (hopefully! [​IMG]) so I should be able to start doing test hatches soon! Those chicks will probably go up for sale on CL.

I've put off building the breeder pens entirely too long and now they're almost ready for them, I need to start building... [​IMG]

6. winekntrychicks

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    Quote:Thanks

7. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Quote:Can you add me as well? Do you vaccinate your chicks for Marek's?

Thank you!

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I sure can. : ) I'd love to get a list of folks going now, so that I can start fulfilling orders as soon as possible next spring, or possibly later this year. Though I don't know how well the girls will lay in the winter. Our winter's in the Bay Area are mild so it might be possible for me to get a few orders out before the first of the year.

I will have an option for those of you who want your chicks vaccinated against Marek's. All of my bird have been vaccinated and I feel it is a very responsible thing to do. IMHO. I'm not sure what I'll be charging yet and how the vaccination costs will factor into that but I will let everyone know as I get closer to actually shipping eggs/chicks.

Thanks for your interest!

9. NewHen

NewHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I have a blue wheaten cockerel that I hatched from eggs I ordered from"peachick." If you're interested and can pick up in Encino, please email me. I think she's got some of the bluest Ameracauna eggs out there.

10. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Peachick originally received her eggs from pips&peeps (Jean Ribbeck) too, so we have the same stock. The eggs I hatched were BLUE!

How are your birds? I have heard of some less than favorable feedback about eggs/chicks sold by peachick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by