1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California White- Bibi or Boby?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by acemario, Apr 14, 2012.

1. acemario

acemario Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    This is our California White 6 week old chick. Its comb is growing much quicker than our other three chicks (ameraucana, black australorp, and red star). I know leghorns have larger combs than my other breeds, but could Bibi be a Boby? What do you think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I would say boy, but could you get us a side shot?

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

thats a cockrel

4. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    I don't have a great current side-view picture, but here is the best I have at the same age...
    [​IMG]

5. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Can you get a better idea from the side shot?

6. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Thank you, one and all, for helping me out! It turns out that Bibi in fact was a cockerel! Because our city has a "no rooster" ordinance, we had to find an adoptive home for him. Luckily, we found a nice little farm, where Bibi will be replacing a 5 year old Ameracauna rooster. He will soon be the leader of a harem of 7! I believe he will be very happy. :)

7. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    [​IMG]
    Just thought I'd give everyone an update! Here is Bibi at about 18 weeks! He's quite the rooster! His adoptive family loves him! They say that he took on the rooster role very quickly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by