1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California Whites and RIR pullets from TSC...please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PineLaneFarms, Jun 13, 2011.

1. PineLaneFarms

PineLaneFarms Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    good evening everyone. Im hoping maybe someone could help a newbie out. These so called pullets are from TSC and are around 7+/- weeks old. I first started having doubts the other day when bumps started to appear where spurs grow on every single one of the chicks. In one of the pics it shows the bump on the white and black CW. So if anyone could help me determine the sex i would very much appreciate it Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Courtney134

Courtney134 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    I think they are pullets. I have 4 Red Sex Link pullets that have those bumps, and a white pullet that does too. They are 6-7 weeks as well. I have a 2 week old rooster that has bigger bumps than that where his spurs will be.

3. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Pullets get those too. All of my pullets atm have lil "zits" where spurs would go. These defo look like hens to me, incoming egg feast [​IMG] Only one I'd even question slightly is the really spotted CFW but I'm not familiar with that breed. It's a thought solely based on the shape since the comb being so pale and yellow also signals a pullet to me... but again. No CFW's here so it could just be that specific piccy of them looking elongated

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  4. PineLaneFarms

Jun 13, 2011
    thanks courtney im worried not all my pics are showing up for some reason but i feel reasured now

5. PineLaneFarms

Jun 13, 2011
    thanks for the reply RIN the spoted CFW has the biggest bumps and challenges the others the most makes me wonder

6. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    both hens and roo have the bunps where spers would grow they just do not develop on the hens till later in life somtime a old hen will grow spers but from your pics all i see are hens [​IMG]

7. Missymac

Missymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    Not sure about the white ones, but your RIRs look like Golden Comets to me. If I am right, they are pullets as they are sex linked.

8. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    pullets [​IMG]

9. PineLaneFarms

Jun 13, 2011
    thanks everyone for the help

10. Ilovesilikes

Ilovesilikes New Egg

Apr 5, 2016
    Well I would like to say it's a pullet telling by the tail in all I just got California whites this year mine were 2pullets 1cock My chickens are amzing:)[​IMG][​IMG] u should totally get silkes if u don't have them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by