California whites roos or pullets?

GiddyUpGo

Chirping
Feb 11, 2021
Now that I’m overthinking whether my maybe-barred-rock is a roo I’m wondering if the other two might also be. My neighbor just told me that comb growth can be an early indicator of gender. The two white chicks in this picture are California whites. Their combs are very yellow still but largish, especially the one on the right. Can you tell based on the comb? Hoping this is just a breed thing, I know the adults tend to have pretty large combs. They are five weeks.

Attachments

• 5A000705-BAE1-40DD-9F20-7492EBA2462B.jpeg
    5A000705-BAE1-40DD-9F20-7492EBA2462B.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 53
Ugh I thought maybe it would be okay to have one rooster but we can't have three. My poor daughter loves these chickens I don't know what I'm going to tell her if we can't keep them ... 🙁

Now that I’m overthinking whether my maybe-barred-rock is a roo I’m wondering if the other two might also be. My neighbor just told me that comb growth can be an early indicator of gender. The two white chicks in this picture are California whites. Their combs are very yellow still but largish, especially the one on the right. Can you tell based on the comb? Hoping this is just a breed thing, I know the adults tend to have pretty large combs. They are five weeks.
What did you end up having?

Back
Top Bottom