California Whites?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by brigitte_the_leghorn, Jul 11, 2011.

1. brigitte_the_leghorn

brigitte_the_leghorn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I love their spots and they seem to be hearty white layers! Any opinion on them? Are they noisy/flighty? [​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Basically they are just like Leghorns, noisy if messed with and flighty just like their Leghorn kinsfolk.

3. brigitte_the_leghorn

Mar 30, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    thanks so much

4. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Mine are neither noisy nor flighty. They are curious and quiet. Now my buff leghorns are very noisy and flighty.

5. brigitte_the_leghorn

Mar 30, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Right now I am choosing between Jersey Giant and California white. I am looking for good egg producers who won't make a lot of noise since I'm keeping them in city limits [​IMG]

6. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    My girls really only make noise when they lay an egg.

7. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Mine are flighty, but that doesnt matter to me, cause they are egg laying machines I have them housed with my minorcas, and the nest is full of chalky white eggs everyday. I have other chickens that are pets! The main reason I have them is because I'm in the egg business, and they are worth every penny of feed! Mine aren't loud either. They just run from me alot! I say get them!

8. debmitch61

debmitch61 New Egg

Mar 27, 2013
    I want these kind of chicks, I think. Would like to discuss where you got yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by