Call duck breeders?? and ducks homes!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DucksN'Horses, Oct 5, 2011.

1. DucksN'Horses

DucksN'Horses Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2011
    Alright, so I'm looking for a way to build a place to keep a pair of call ducks. It needs to be raised from the ground (we have rather large pack of coyotes in the woods behind our house and i dont want them digging under a fence) and it needs to be able to house ducks in the ever changing NH weather, 90+ degrees in the summer, sometimes under 0 in the winter. I also would like it to have a small pool for bathing/swimming. It also has to be under $200-300 to build if it can be (we can go higher but thats really all we'd like to spend on it, if possible). I was thinking something like this (the top 2 pictures) http://www.faithvalleywaterfowl.com/housing.html but does anyone have any other ideas? thanks!

I'm also looking for a breeder to buy this pair of call ducks from [​IMG] I'd like to have them be young (under a year if possible) and okay quality (not looking for champions here, just something to show in little 4-H things) I want any breed of calls but white calls [​IMG] if it helps to know pied, pastel, and blues are my FAVORITES [​IMG] but honestly i'd take any breed thats not white (they all look the same!). anyone know any good breeders, sites, or if YOU breed and sell them? thanks!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Our breeding pens are similar to those in the link. We just don't have solid front walls since we are in FL. Most of this years calls are going up for sale now with shipping available again now that the temps have dropped. By the way they are all the same breed (call duck) just different colorations.

3. dwhite

dwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    I have built several of those pens from the website, I am in the NW so I also built roofs for the house part, during the winter I cover the exposed area with clear plastic to minimize the drafts and rain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by