Call Duck contest- 1 duck per photo- cutest, prettiest. -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Funky Feathers, May 2, 2009.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I will judge this one since I am not entering. Anyone want to donate a prize? OK, let's see those cuties! Photo can have 2 ducks, tops. [​IMG]

Categories: #1- Cutest
    #2- prettiest

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    What??? No one has any cute Call Ducks??? I find that hard to believe. C'mon, people, enter some pics please! [​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Cutest

[​IMG]

4. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Awww, is (s)he in jail? Looks like a lonely inmate. Very cute. [​IMG]

5. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

#1- Cutest
    [​IMG]
    #2- prettiest
    [​IMG]

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    [​IMG]

Shes got 12 eggs in there under her and she is right outside my window, so I can sit here and watch her..........

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    OK, LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES!! This will be closed at 8:00pm tonight and I will begin judging. Sorry I couldn't find a prize. [​IMG]

8. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Ok, I will play!! I just saw this or I would have done it before. I am entering a picture of Charlie, one of my Muscovey Drakes.

Even though he has Angel Wing, I think he is beautiful! So, hopefully, he will win the prettiest duck entry! It was hard to pick between him and Drakey, but I had Charlie since he was a rescued, 3 day old baby. His mom and siblings were killed by a hawk. He was the last little lonely duckling swimming in the ditch. My father-in-law saw the hawks grab the others, so he ran for his crab net, scooped up Charlie and gave him to me to raise. He was my first duck.

I love the way his red caruncles show off the white and black coloring! He was a young drake in this pic. He has even more caruncles!

Edited to add: Ummmmm, I had a DUH! moment I guess. Just ignore my two entries. I just went back and re-read the title. I thought it said it was a Call for Duck entries. Then, I realized it was for CALL DUCKS ONLY! Sorry, I am not that familiar with them, and didn't realize that is what it was. Sorry guys. Hope you enjoyed Charlie's pics anyway! LOL LOL

[​IMG]

9. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Ok, I will do one for "cute" too! This is Charlie when I got him. He was soooo cute! He is a Muscovey.

Edited to add: See edit above!! Duh moment. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

[​IMG]

10. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    OK, and the winners are: Cutest goes to Sundown Waterfowl's White Call duck.....Yay!

Prettiest goes to 92 Caddy's Blue Call hen... Yay!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by