Hey all, Okay, so I said the other day that I have a couple of viable call duck eggs with blood vessel development...yay!...so, here's the decision I have to make when the time comes, if it does... These eggs were laid two days apart. Being as call ducks eggs right now are sporadic at best, and never knowing when or if the next one will be laid, I have been just going ahead and setting them. My last one was laid two days ago, and I got another today, so if these develop veins, I'll have another such situation. My question is: when it comes time to put them into the hatcher, should I set one egg of the pair early, set one late, or set each of them on time for their individual days (day 24, I believe it is) and shut down the hatcher briefly to stop the fan and just quickly get the egg in there and top off the water. My hatcher is a Humidaire 21H so if the fan is turned off, it does not lose humidity and temperature as quickly as some others do, and is fairly quick to regain what it loses if the fan is shut down before opening the door. Any which way I do it, I have to make a decision, but I am thinking since duck eggs usually take 4 days in the hatcher during their 28 day hatch time, breaking lockdown on the first egg to get the second one in there is the way to go; I think I will have plenty of time for the humidity to recover before I have an external pip. That is the direction I am thinking of taking, but would like to see what everyone has to say with their experiences with duck eggs. Plus, I figure if I wind up making a mistake here, we're not so bad off if we make it now rather than after I have them sorted into their breeding pens and have eggs I have a definite pedigree on. Now is the time to figure out the learning curve in case this comes up again!