Call duck hatching emergency

JulieNKC

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City
I am on day 29 with call ducks. This guy internally pipped over a day ago. I was starting to help him out just a few hours ago, and pulled his head out a bit and there are 2 yolks in there. Do you think there is another duckling or is something else wrong? What do I do from here? Keep helping or let it rest longer?

I am on day 29 with call ducks. This guy internally pipped over a day ago. I was starting to help him out just a few hours ago, and pulled his head out a bit and there are 2 yolks in there. Do you think there is another duckling or is something else wrong? What do I do from here? Keep helping or let it rest longer?

Hey Julie hows is the little duck doing now? I don't know anything about this but I think I would leave it alone till the yolk is absorbed. Hopefully Cocoa will be here soon to help.

He ended up dying. There were 3 yolks. The one closest to him was almost absorbed, but the other 2 were big. There was also a lot of brown nasty stuff in the bottom of the egg, like you'd find in eggs that had been quitters for awhile.
idunno.gif

sorry to here he passed. my sister just hatched a few eggs and had one hatch with a good amount of yoke still attached. He lived but a large majority don't(infections usually do the job). I don't think this guy ever had much of a chance poor fellow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom