Call duck hatching

D00dle

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2021
Hello! I’m currently hatching call duck eggs that are a few days late, but one finally hatched today after pipping two days ago. I candled The remaining eggs and I could see they were internally pipped and started peeping while candling. Have I possibly shrink wrapped these ducklings by candling them? I moved fast, no external pip at all and I misted the eggs and the inside of the incubator with warm water immediately after. Super worried now and regretting opening the incubator :(

You didn't do anything by opening the incubator. Calls are hard to hatch since they've been bred to look cute and stubby, it's hard to hatch without a long neck and beak.

If they haven't externally pipped, I don't see how they could be shrink wrapped. Just keep monitering the humidity and eggs for any progress.
Good luck with the hatch!

No you didn’t hurt them
Even with external pips I have opened my bator and never caused shrink wrapping
With no external pip it’s not possible to cause shrink wrap
With calls keeping a close eye on time they did internal pip in cause you need ti make a safety hole and help assist

Thank you for all the replies! Last night they both externally pipped and are making slow progression in hatching so it’s looking good!:)

Back
Top Bottom