Call Duck Pens/houses

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by StevenW., Nov 19, 2010.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I would like to see everyones call duck pens/houses! [​IMG] please

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Count me in on this request, now that I have four little, newly hatched call ducklings!

My Cayuga pair do not / will not use a duck house. They're roaming, ninja yard guard ducks.

But I bet these little darlings will absolutely need a duck house!

(Thanks for posting the request so I can tag along and see what folks offer!)

3. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Ducklover1 I know you have already visited my thread, but gryeyes there are some wonderful flight pens in the link in my signature.

4. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

I have calls ... heres my set up .. u may have seen it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hattiegun I love your setup! One question...how do you keep grass in there?!

6. Hattiegun

in the summer that part of the pen is uncovered and gets rain and sun.... my ducks free range outside of the pen during the day But haveing only 4 little call ducks ,,they dont really do any damage ( so far) ..lol Oh and it sod I put in when we built the pen..??? !!!!

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Didn't know thats awesome! Back when I had ducks I'd be lucky to have a weed in the pen.

8. Hattiegun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my pond is awesome.. I pull the plug ,, it drains in 5 min... I have a hydrant on the opposite end, hose it down (bleach once a week) and refill... easy as pie..
    the pond has
    shelves (which is for plants) but works perfect to throw their treats on for them to easily eat . ... or they sometime stand on to get out of the water to preen.. I fill the pond about 2 in Over the shelves.. I have had it for 8 months and wouldnt change a thing. I got it at Menards.. Its called the Key Largo... I change the water every other day and I run the hose outside the pen alot for them to play in and my water bill is only 30 dollars more a month... (and I use alot )...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  9. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    yes Hattiegun ive seen yours but never get tired of looking at it! [​IMG]

10. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I know this is an old thread but I need to ask, how did you attach the plastic drain pipe to the ponds drain plug?

I love all of your set ups !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by