Call duck pics and ????s....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CrzyChicLady, Jun 26, 2011.

1. CrzyChicLady

CrzyChicLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    I got these Call ducks from a friend who couldn't take care of them anymore. He told me it was 4 males and 3 females. I'm going to get rid of 3 males to make the ration 1:3. I'm wondering which drake I should keep. I'm assuming the two white and the one butterscotch are the females? I like the one drake with the dark head (all the way on the right of the pic) because he is very stocky and round but I also like the light colored ones too. What do you think? Does the 1 drake to 3 duck ratio sound about right? Which drake do you think would make the prettiest babies? Also, they are very nervous. Is this normal for call ducks or is it because they were poorly socialized? Finally, what's a good treat for them?

[​IMG]

2. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    1 male to 3 girls is good. Doesn't matter which male you like just pick one, they're all great. It's normal for them to be afraid, poor socialization.

3. THunter

THunter Chillin' With My Peeps

I like the one you like best.

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I would keep a pair of butters and find a drake for that whites.... thats just me though

5. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    i would keep one of the 3 butterscotch drakes.the other drake is grey. and buy a white drake for your white hens.

6. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    So those light colored drakes are "butterscotch"?

7. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    yes

8. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I say you buy your whites a drake. Get 8 more butterscoth females(to make the ratio 1 drake to 3 ducks), and get three grey females. Perfect solution! Haha! [​IMG] Yay more duckies! [​IMG] I hope to one day have calls! They are adorable! [​IMG]

9. CrzyChicLady

Oct 28, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] You're gonna get me in trouble! [​IMG] ... but I like the way you think!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by