Call duck quality?

Mccluckers

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 5, 2014
uk
Hi there

These below are the parents to my not hatched call ducklongs and I was wondering what quality they are? I know they are not show quality and don't mind but would just like to know . Thanks
1f603.png

Thanks again

The little white one is a spitting image of my Wobbles, right down to thebill shape!

Is wobbles good quality? She looks lovely! If that is her in your avatar? What about the rest?

You can go over this site it has exact info on bill length and colours.

http://www.callducks.net/

Biggest thing with calls is their is pet, breeder and show qualities and all will come from any variation of parents, i have some that are better than others.. basically they look like a toy and very short bills for show quality BUT most show quality are poor breeders, they don't hatch well(bill to short) don't breed well(again bill to short, drake doesn't stay on lol) so hence the breakdown of the qualities.

They look like nice birds to me, i have seen some calls that resemble mallards in sizing overall, bills, body etc those are not right they should be small roundish ducks, easily carried in a mans large hunting coat pocket.

I'm not a show person but I agree the overall build of the birds don't look too bad. However, I can't remember which colors are currently recognized in the Standard Of Perfection.

Thanks for all of the replies

So have we come to the conclusion they are breeder quality in terms of shape and Bill? But the colours we do not know but I don't really mind about colours!
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom