Call duck quality?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mccluckers, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Hi there

These below are the parents to my not hatched call ducklongs and I was wondering what quality they are? I know they are not show quality and don't mind but would just like to know . Thanks [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks again

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I am not a call expert, but I can say they are lovely!

3. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    The little white one is a spitting image of my Wobbles, right down to thebill shape!

4. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Is wobbles good quality? She looks lovely! If that is her in your avatar? What about the rest?

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    You can go over this site it has exact info on bill length and colours.

http://www.callducks.net/

Biggest thing with calls is their is pet, breeder and show qualities and all will come from any variation of parents, i have some that are better than others.. basically they look like a toy and very short bills for show quality BUT most show quality are poor breeders, they don't hatch well(bill to short) don't breed well(again bill to short, drake doesn't stay on lol) so hence the breakdown of the qualities.

They look like nice birds to me, i have seen some calls that resemble mallards in sizing overall, bills, body etc those are not right they should be small roundish ducks, easily carried in a mans large hunting coat pocket.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm not a show person but I agree the overall build of the birds don't look too bad. However, I can't remember which colors are currently recognized in the Standard Of Perfection.

7. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Thanks for all of the replies

So have we come to the conclusion they are breeder quality in terms of shape and Bill? But the colours we do not know but I don't really mind about colours! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by