Call duck sex change?

Crickett

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Heart of Dixie
I had to go out of state for three days. When I left my call ducks were, I thought, two females. When I got back, I went out to feed everyone, let them all know that I hadn't expired, etc. and I noticed that one of my "female" call ducks now had male plumage! I looked a bit closer and sure enough he had the drake curl as well! So now I have a male and a female!
celebrate.gif

I'm so happy!
woot.gif
About how old will they be before I can expect any babies? I figure maybe this time next year? Or possibly a bit later?

BTW, I saw these names on here and LOVED them, so since they didn't have names before, they are now Gomez and Morticia!
bun.gif

Haha congrats! He must not have molted into his manly plumage before you left just quite yet. I'd love to see pics! How old are they? You can have ducklings as soon as she starts laying if you incubate them. I'm not sure how broody calls are... I want some pictures please!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Great News! Hope you have babies next spring. My Calls must be about the same age. Thought I had 3 boys and 3 girls BUT i have 2 girls and 4 boys. I am going to seperate them and put One male in with the two females and give the boys their own pen.

Hoping to hatch in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom