Call Duckling struggling please help

Cheems

Songster
Apr 10, 2022
I recently added my call ducklings outside around 30 minutes ago to their new pen, when I noticed one doesnt look too good, she wont walk and doesnt look too great. 2 things I think that could have obviously caused this, although theres more posibilities, 1, she ate/got bit by a fire ant, 2, heat. I have brought her inside to my previous brooder that is inside. I am going to give her nutritional brewers yeast and poultry vitamins, they have brewers yeast in their food, which gives them niacin, so I dont THINK its a niacin deficiency although its possible. What do you think i should do? I will post pictures in a moment, this just happened. I have elctrolyes I could give her also if you think that would help

This one is around 2-3 weeks old, she/he is a snowy, she/he had water she was swimming in, she/he was around fire ants

She is also chewing, but I think thats pretty normal for the ducklings as ive seen them do that before

Attachments

• IMG_2943.JPG
    IMG_2943.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 4
thank you, I guess I will notify @Overo Mare @shawluvsbirds although I dont know if they know too much about medical, but maybe they have some advice
I have no idea on fire ants I don't have them here.
If it was over heating I think it would be panting.
Could it Possibly have just got very tired from running around swimming and exploring the new place?

She sticks her tongue out every time she jerks her head, shes jerking her head up and down, not super sudden, but shes acting like shes choking sort of, but at the same time shes still breathing, ive looked down her throat and I dont see anything big and obvious

She sticks her tongue out every time she jerks her head, shes jerking her head up and down, not super sudden, but shes acting like shes choking sort of, but at the same time shes still breathing, ive looked down her throat and I dont see anything big and obvious
Hmm. Maybe she swallowed something that's just not going on down. Or aspirated a little bit.
I can't think of anything really you can do but just wait and see. 😥

Back
Top Bottom