Call ducks - free (Indiana) - need a good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mrs Katzenchix, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Mrs Katzenchix

Mrs Katzenchix New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    DH & I are no longer able to keep the call ducks we hatched last year. They were all from show breeders.

We have 4 silver appleyard ducks (1 male/3 female) and 2 white pet-quality male calls from Wapsiwaterfowl stock. (see pictures at http://www.wapsiwaterfowl.com/silver_appleyard.htm) They are also breeding - right now about 6 eggs a week. These six were hatched out together and are a tight-knit flock, so we would really love it if someone could take all six together.

We also have two beautiful female ducks hatched from Wonderswaterfowl stock. (Their website is http://www.wonderswaterfowl.com/2.html). One is a white call & one is black (she was supposed to be chocolate, but her coloring is off) . These two are my babies. They are the only two that hatched out of the dozen I ordered, and have been handled quite a bit. I really hate to say goodbye to them and want to make sure they go to a really good home that will keep them together.

We live in Indianapolis Indiana, on the westside. We really want to find a special home for these beloved pets. we can deliver the ducks within a range of 75 miles or so.

2. kimbaliza

kimbaliza New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    Indiana
    :jumpyHi.
    Just moved to Batesville this summer and we were thinking of adding ducks to our flock. Our chickens free range all day and are in the barn at night. Would love to chat with you.

3. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Why do these deals always happen so far from me? Man , I would love to have those ducks!!!!!

4. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Hey neighbor, hope you found them a good home. I'm just south of Lafayette-and wanted to say hi.

5. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    I have really been wanting another black call....its a 3 hour drive from my house to Indy...it would be worth the drive and I could visit kinfolk

6. Mrs Katzenchix

Mrs Katzenchix New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    Here are photos for those who are interested in our ducks. One thing I forgot to mention before is that the two females are kept seperate from the other six (they are smaller and get picked on quite a bit). So we would like them to go to seperate homes if possible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the two little females, Alph-alfa and Buckwheat
    [​IMG]

Here are some better pics of Buckwheat (the coloring is not right--she was supposed to be chocolate)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in our little ducks. I am trying to respond to everyone, but I have been really busy with work so it may take me awhile. If you have emailed or pmed me & I haven't gotten back to you yet, I ask that you please be patient with me--I will as soon as I can.

7. Mrs Katzenchix

Mrs Katzenchix New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    Hi all. Just wanted to give an update. I do have someone taking the group of 6 silver appleyard and white calls.

8. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I'm so sorry I did not see this post earlier!
    I was to travel to Kentucky for call ducks this weekend and had to cancel. Please put me on your list of adopting parents!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by