Call ducks hatching! pics added 9:29pm 5/9

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CelticOaksFarm, May 9, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    We have 4 out and the bator is full with ducklings half out of the shells currently. They started coming out yesterday. Will post some photo later on when they have a chance to dry and fluff some. Lost only 2 eggs out of 22 and these were shipped!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I exchanged emails with the breeder, her gray's are new to her this year and she confirmed with me (after I thought maybe she miss marked eggs are hatching out white looking not gray looking ducklings.

Can anyone clue me in will these continue to look white, will they maybe change looks some? What would they be classified as?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  2. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    congrats - can't wait to see pics!!

3. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    pics added

4. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Those ducklings definitely look White, and they're going to be light-colored their whole lives. Unless they have a faint Mallard-pattern in their baby fluff that's not showing in the pictures (in which case they could be Apricots), they're going to be White as adults.

And they sure are stinking cute! [​IMG] I'm putting my White drake into my breeding pen this week - I have a Blue Bibbed hen with a recessive White gene, and I'm dying to pair her with the White drake and start hatching some White ducklings!

By the way - I just had 2 insanely adorable Call ducklings hatch overnight that are full siblings to the eggs I sent you - one Blue Bibbed and one Black Bibbed with identical markings; they look like twins! I also have a few of their older siblings in the brooder (in that "ugly" juvenile stage, and a little wet from a bath!):

[​IMG]

How are your eggs doing?

5. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I figured as much on their adult coloring, which is fen with me as they are all cute!

New eggs are chugging right along, cant wait for hem to hatch at the end of the month. Will post their pictures when they do.

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, what a hatch! They're so darn adorable. Best of luck with those cuties! It's impossible not to love call ducks. [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] to you for hatching SOOOOO many Calls in one hatch! Good for you!
    They're Whites, which is a great thing! I LOVE the personalities of my White Calls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by