Call ducks. Names. Genders. I need your opinion!!

CrazyChicken Lady

My Ducks are in a row🦆🦆🦆
May 25, 2020
Missouri
Hey BYC! I need opinions......... I am buying Call ducks and I can't decide between A girl and a boy or two girls? ( Don't worry I have other hens so the drake won't be a problem ) What do you think? Also I need name Ideas!
And if you have any tips on call ducks I want them!
Thanks.

Isadora

unspecified level of crazy 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 29, 2021
IN
Do you have an existing drake already? How many other calls do you have currently? Or do you mean hens it different breeds?

Isadora

unspecified level of crazy 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 29, 2021
IN
No drake. No other calls. Five other ducks. Various breeds.
Are your other breeds larger? I was wondering if the call drake would over mate the lone call hen if the other females of different breeds were too large for him to mount.

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Hey BYC! I need opinions......... I am buying Call ducks and I can't decide between A girl and a boy or two girls? ( Don't worry I have other hens so the drake won't be a problem ) What do you think? Also I need name Ideas!
And if you have any tips on call ducks I want them!
Thanks.
Are you combining your ducks you already have with the calls?

CrazyChicken Lady

My Ducks are in a row🦆🦆🦆
May 25, 2020
Missouri
Are your other breeds larger? I was wondering if the call drake would over mate the lone call hen if the other females of different breeds were too large for him to mount.
Some, but I have a few small-weight hens that he could probably mate with.
Are you combining your ducks you already have with the calls?
Yes I would be.

Luv Ducks

Crowing
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I had Mallard hens and Rouen hens and my Drake Mallard could mate all of them. I sold the Mallards but will be buying them back at the end of this month as they were only being used for a food study for a university. I now have two Muscovy babies that I am hoping are both girls. I loved my Mallards but they were not as friendly as the Rouens and I had to clip them the first season I had them. After that I did not. I would order mine pinioned as I did but they forgot to do it at Metzer Farms. This way you would not have to clip a wing to keep them from flying away. Good luck with your choice.

CrazyChicken Lady

My Ducks are in a row🦆🦆🦆
May 25, 2020
Missouri
I had Mallard hens and Rouen hens and my Drake Mallard could mate all of them. I sold the Mallards but will be buying them back at the end of this month as they were only being used for a food study for a university. I now have two Muscovy babies that I am hoping are both girls. I loved my Mallards but they were not as friendly as the Rouens and I had to clip them the first season I had them. After that I did not. I would order mine pinioned as I did but they forgot to do it at Metzer Farms. This way you would not have to clip a wing to keep them from flying away. Good luck with your choice.

I bought a trio of calls from someone on here. I will clip their wings.

addctd2plnts

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Aug 24, 2019
St. Charles County, MO
I have Call Ducks but I don't put them in with my Runners because I want separate breeding groups. I suspect they'd be terrorized by Indian Runners running everywhere LOL I have pairs of Call Ducks and a trio and both situations seem to work fine, although I didn't get eggs from one of the females in the trio. She might not be old enough though.

Top Bottom