Call ducks. Names. Genders. I need your opinion!!

CrazyChicken Lady

My Ducks are in a row🦆🦆🦆
May 25, 2020
Missouri
Hey BYC! I need opinions......... I am buying Call ducks and I can't decide between A girl and a boy or two girls? ( Don't worry I have other hens so the drake won't be a problem ) What do you think? Also I need name Ideas!
And if you have any tips on call ducks I want them!
Thanks.

Do you have an existing drake already? How many other calls do you have currently? Or do you mean hens it different breeds?

Hey BYC! I need opinions......... I am buying Call ducks and I can't decide between A girl and a boy or two girls? ( Don't worry I have other hens so the drake won't be a problem ) What do you think? Also I need name Ideas!
And if you have any tips on call ducks I want them!
Thanks.
Are you combining your ducks you already have with the calls?

Are your other breeds larger? I was wondering if the call drake would over mate the lone call hen if the other females of different breeds were too large for him to mount.
Some, but I have a few small-weight hens that he could probably mate with.
Are you combining your ducks you already have with the calls?
Yes I would be.

I had Mallard hens and Rouen hens and my Drake Mallard could mate all of them. I sold the Mallards but will be buying them back at the end of this month as they were only being used for a food study for a university. I now have two Muscovy babies that I am hoping are both girls. I loved my Mallards but they were not as friendly as the Rouens and I had to clip them the first season I had them. After that I did not. I would order mine pinioned as I did but they forgot to do it at Metzer Farms. This way you would not have to clip a wing to keep them from flying away. Good luck with your choice.

I had Mallard hens and Rouen hens and my Drake Mallard could mate all of them. I sold the Mallards but will be buying them back at the end of this month as they were only being used for a food study for a university. I now have two Muscovy babies that I am hoping are both girls. I loved my Mallards but they were not as friendly as the Rouens and I had to clip them the first season I had them. After that I did not. I would order mine pinioned as I did but they forgot to do it at Metzer Farms. This way you would not have to clip a wing to keep them from flying away. Good luck with your choice.

I bought a trio of calls from someone on here. I will clip their wings.

I have Call Ducks but I don't put them in with my Runners because I want separate breeding groups. I suspect they'd be terrorized by Indian Runners running everywhere LOL I have pairs of Call Ducks and a trio and both situations seem to work fine, although I didn't get eggs from one of the females in the trio. She might not be old enough though.

Back
Top Bottom