Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I could keep a cactus or an air plant..:gig
Air plants require good humidity and somewhat pure water mistied on them daly . If you can get that down they are easy plants . I couldn't keep them alive because my well water had too much minerals ,and tds which that could mean I could have anything in my water. Recently I spent some money on a good ro unit so I might be able to keep them alive now :D
This picture was posted and I knew it was your Chicken @Brahma Chicken5000

:eek:How Did you find that?
:gig...I know. Roosters are a given usually. More Cockerels than Pullets. :hmm
We are looking for an adult rooster. After my golden comet died now I need a new rooster for my layer flock:hmm. preferably big. And I am also looking for a rooster or a hen that is more wild like a game fowl chicken to add new genetics to my wildflock. Preferably a bantam sized bird. man, I'm acting like It's Christmas for Don:gig.... It's cold outside today so I have been giving my game fowl extra scratch grains. It's about 12 degrees Fahrenheit out side:sick
Did they sell yet? Maybe you could get goats now with the extra room in the coop:). Also I thought a little while back you were saying you r birds might have some sorta respirator disease .:oops:. I would warn the new buyers about that just in case they put your birds with a uninfected flock which could cause a lot of stress.:frow. I'm Just trying to save you from a future headache in case the buyers decide to come back on you....
It was horrible. Work all day, every day, Sun up to Sun down and beyond, and never make enough money to cover your expenses. Farmers are the unsung hero's of the world.
I'm doing a dairy \crop farmer. My neighbor has cows and large gran bins. I will go over and help him during the day. we farm my field And use the harvest fill the gran bins that his grand father built . ITs definitely a lot of work But it makes you feel self sufficient and it's good for me to work. I would rather work then watch tv any day. You have to be very careful at all times though. Cows can be dangerous and he has told me stories about people falling in the gran bins and dieing. He does a lot of the care needed for the cows. I grow the food he also has a field that I keep clean for him.. This year he wants hay . hes Probably going to do meat cows. One of these days I'm gonna try building one of those old cow barn the way they use to do it with hand tools and oversized timber.
@Don 27
Have you gotten lost in all these changes?
🚜
that would be a loud "YESS!!!!!"
Come help me do one of mine. The darn thing is taller than me now and I have no idea how to transplant it. :oops: I grew it from a seed and now it's over 6 feet tall. Skinny little thing but it keeps getting taller.
Give it more light. That could be why it's so tall. Also why do you need to repot the plants? I repot when they are to big for their pots. but other than that I can't think of a reason why you would want to.:confused:

Air plants require good humidity and somewhat pure water mistied on them daly . If you can get that down they are easy plants . I couldn't keep them alive because my well water had too much minerals ,and tds which that could mean I could have anything in my water. Recently I spent some money on a good ro unit so I might be able to keep them alive now :D

:eek:How Did you find that?

We are looking for an adult rooster. After my golden comet died now I need a new rooster for my layer flock:hmm. preferably big. And I am also looking for a rooster or a hen that is more wild like a game fowl chicken to add new genetics to my wildflock. Preferably a bantam sized bird. man, I'm acting like It's Christmas for Don:gig.... It's cold outside today so I have been giving my game fowl extra scratch grains. It's about 12 degrees Fahrenheit out side:sick

Did they sell yet? Maybe you could get goats now with the extra room in the coop:). Also I thought a little while back you were saying you r birds might have some sorta respirator disease .:oops:. I would warn the new buyers about that just in case they put your birds with a uninfected flock which could cause a lot of stress.:frow. I'm Just trying to save you from a future headache in case the buyers decide to come back on you....

I'm doing a dairy \crop farmer. My neighbor has cows and large gran bins. I will go over and help him during the day. we farm my field And use the harvest fill the gran bins that his grand father built . ITs definitely a lot of work But it makes you feel self sufficient and it's good for me to work. I would rather work then watch tv any day. You have to be very careful at all times though. Cows can be dangerous and he has told me stories about people falling in the gran bins and dieing. He does a lot of the care needed for the cows. I grow the food he also has a field that I keep clean for him.. This year he wants hay . hes Probably going to do meat cows. One of these days I'm gonna try building one of those old cow barn the way they use to do it with hand tools and oversized timber.
🚜
that would be a loud "YESS!!!!!"

Give it more light. That could be why it's so tall. Also why do you need to repot the plants? I repot when they are to big for their pots. but other than that I can't think of a reason why you would want to.:confused:
Farming is a very dangerous profession. The work is rewarding up until you start feeling the inevitable arthritis from the wear and tear on the body.

I've been kicked multiple times, gored in the back and chased by bulls. My brother got run over by a bull. I used to worry about my husband every time he went up in the silo to get the unloader unstuck. The guy down the road lost and arm in the corn picker. Lots of ways to die farming.

My cactus is in a south window so it gets plenty of light. It's been in the same pot for 5 years. I'd like to refresh the soil and make it a bit more stable in a wider pot. I don't generally repot cactus until they fill their pots, and this one is about there. I will probably leave it because it's quite the process at this point with it being so tall, but at some point I need to do it.

Bentley is now a farm dog! We got him a bandana.
BC0F110E-CC75-41B0-BAC2-21F697C05D8C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom