Call Ducks

vergeL

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2017
Oxford Maine
I am getting Call Ducks for my first time in hopefully May (depending on the breeders hatching success). I haven't seen any threads or much info on Call Ducks. Anyone on here familiar with raising them? my biggest question would be how they deal with winter weather that runs up to 30 below zero (Maine winters), planning on having their coop heated with a sweeter heater but any info would be helpful on that subject. I was told even though they are little that they are still pretty cold hardy?

awesome! congrats to you as well! :) I saw them last fall at our county fair and fell in love with them, they are going to be my daughters first birds to take care of (7 and 6 years old) along with some Silkie Bantams (under my supervision of course haha) am pretty excited.

Happy Easter!
Lisa

awesome! congrats to you as well! :) I saw them last fall at our county fair and fell in love with them, they are going to be my daughters first birds to take care of (7 and 6 years old) along with some Silkie Bantams (under my supervision of course haha) am pretty excited.

Happy Easter!
Lisa

Oh, that's absolutely wonderful when children are entrusted with taking care of poultry! :) Animals are the best thing to raise children with- not innumerable electronics and technology. The feel of feathers between a child's fingers will always surpass the hard glass of an electronic device. ;)

Oh, that's absolutely wonderful when children are entrusted with taking care of poultry! :) Animals are the best thing to raise children with- not innumerable electronics and technology. The feel of feathers between a child's fingers will always surpass the hard glass of an electronic device. ;)
I agree,I love my chickens,ducks,muscovys,geese and bantams more than any device

Back
Top Bottom