Call Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by vergeL, Apr 15, 2017.

1. vergeL

vergeL Just Hatched

Apr 15, 2017
    Oxford Maine
    I am getting Call Ducks for my first time in hopefully May (depending on the breeders hatching success). I haven't seen any threads or much info on Call Ducks. Anyone on here familiar with raising them? my biggest question would be how they deal with winter weather that runs up to 30 below zero (Maine winters), planning on having their coop heated with a sweeter heater but any info would be helpful on that subject. I was told even though they are little that they are still pretty cold hardy?

2. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Lion Breeding Master Premium Member

May 17, 2015
    LioDen
    PM @Spyderk117 or @RavynFallen. ;) They're Call duck royalty on BYC. :p
    I'm getting Calls too within the month! :weee Congratulations!
    :jumpy Happy Easter, :jumpy
    ~Sarah

3. vergeL

vergeL Just Hatched

Apr 15, 2017
    Oxford Maine
    awesome! congrats to you as well! :) I saw them last fall at our county fair and fell in love with them, they are going to be my daughters first birds to take care of (7 and 6 years old) along with some Silkie Bantams (under my supervision of course haha) am pretty excited.

Happy Easter!
    Lisa

4. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Lion Breeding Master Premium Member

May 17, 2015
    LioDen
    Oh, that's absolutely wonderful when children are entrusted with taking care of poultry! :) Animals are the best thing to raise children with- not innumerable electronics and technology. The feel of feathers between a child's fingers will always surpass the hard glass of an electronic device. ;)

5. Waddlein

Waddlein Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Olympia, Washington
    My eleven year old brother mainly raises are chickens, and ducks, so he can sell there eggs.

6. cjperrault1

cjperrault1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2016
    Beaumont texas
    I raise them too,I am 14,I mainly hatch and sell eggs though,I'm young but I know my stuff and :welcome

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  7. cjperrault1

cjperrault1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2016
    Beaumont texas
    I agree,I love my chickens,ducks,muscovys,geese and bantams more than any device

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by