Call ducks

Henryshatchlings

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2021
Hi there

new to the forum!
Ok a week ago we brought home 4 call duck eggs which were 6 days old...we’ve been incubating them in a brinsea mini eco incubator, I have it at 99.9deg and humidity 40 (can’t get it any higher)
I turn them 3x a day- every 8 hours

I haven’t attempted candleing yet, any tips on this.

any other tips? Do I lock them down on day 23 and any tips to increase humidity during lockdown?

also any tips on assisted hatching and success rate of getting atleast 1 in 4 of them to hatch?

all advice greatly welcome!
Leanne and Henry

Welcome To BYC . I Candle My Eggs At 7, 14, Days & Just Before Lockdown. Day 23 , Raise Humidity & Don't Open That Incubator During Lockdown Unless Absolutely Necessary. Assisted Hatching I Have Not Assisted So I'm Not Sure But If You Search Call Duck Hatching That Might Help You.

Hi thanks for your reply

tomorrow begins lockdown
My incubator humidity is at 45% with both sides filled and to get to 55% plus I’ve had to add a small egg cup of water inside too, however this will need filled daily, can I open incubator during lockdown to do this or just keep it closed and hope for the best?

Thanks! Candled them yesterday 2/3 are alive and looking good, air sacs measuring correctly. Egg 3 air sac hasn’t grown from Friday and isn’t moving inside but still in incy just incase.
I’m scared to pierce wgg, any advice greatly received, don’t want to do a botched job.
Go ahead an open it as needed. Do you plan on putting in safety holes?

Back
Top Bottom