Call from the Hatchery??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by llaaadyel, Apr 7, 2011.

1. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    I ordered from McMurray for the first time and the delivery says that it is April 11 or any day that week. Do they actually call when they ship or do I have to check my order during the day?

Thanks
    E

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Call the Post Office & give them a heads up that your chicks are coming, & leave your phone number with them. Don't count on calls from hatcheries. I've been surprised a few times myself.

3. llaaadyel

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    Thanks, I planned on going to the post office tomorrow to let them know that I am expecting chicks so that they have my number. I was hoping to have a little heads up so that I could call my clients and tell them what day I won't be there because I'll be home watching the chicks and oooing and aaahing.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Careful, You might just have to take some vacation time to "mommie" them! [​IMG]

5. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    I ordered my brahma's from McMurray, and they called me the week before they shipped them. The day they shipped I received an email saying that the chicks had been shipped. The next morning the PO called me and said the chicks were there. I ordered 25 chicks, and 1 mystery chick = 26, they're almost 2 weeks old now, and besides some major pasty butts from shipping the first week, they've been great, no losses and all are doing great!
    Best of wishes to you and your new chicks! I know how exciting it is waiting for them to arrive. My bf swore I was going to drive him insane during the wait.

6. llaaadyel

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    I can't wait. I didn't get any calls from them and the order still says that they are planning on shipping some time next week. If they are delayed I think I might die of anticipation.

E

7. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:This is really good to read. I bought my first six chicks at TSC, but want to make my big purchase from McMurray. I have looked at many other hatcheries, but keep coming back to McMurray. Your experience sounds wonderful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by