Call me crazy. Call me whatever you want.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by annie3001, Dec 16, 2010.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay soooooo. I have ended the holidays at my house.[​IMG] Bah humbug.
    no special reason, just wanted to have warm sunny days.[​IMG] I left the christmas tree up. everything else, decorations, chachki stuff. (hope I spelled that right).[​IMG]

After all christmas is next week:rolleyes:. My 5 year old son walks in the living room, as I am finishing up, and says "if you take all the stuff down, Santa won't come to our house?" Sadness filled my heart.[​IMG] Then I told him, don't worry the tree is where Santa leaves all his presents. My son smiled.[​IMG]

THe End.....[​IMG]

btw: totally true story and I feeeellll Great!! Bring on Spring. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I'm pretty sure that won't bring on spring any faster!! But, if it does, I'll send you a thank you note! Remember, we are closer to spring now, than we were in September!

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Yeah closer by a few months!! ha ha ha lol..... I still have a few more months to go...... I just feel real happy. Perhaps these crazy xmas holidays are just too expensive and stressful. I have so many things going on next week!! And I am working too!!! Ugh!!!! I just feel real good about having just a tree up. really its quite nice! [​IMG]

4. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    I like winter okay except when it gets bitter cold like it's been the last few days. Watering the chickens takes forever when you have to break and dump all the ice out first. If I wanted to live like that I would move up to yankee land somewhere.[​IMG]

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Solstice is coming!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ever since I started celebrating Solstice I have found the darkness of winter Sooooo much easier to handle. [​IMG] Once it passes I know that the days are already getting longer so we have passed the decent into darkness point and are headed back into the light! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Solstice is coming!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ever since I started celebrating Solstice I have found the darkness of winter Sooooo much easier to handle. [​IMG] Once it passes I know that the days are already getting longer so we have passed the decent into darkness point and are headed back into the light! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just want Christmas to get here so I can open my kindle. End of story. [​IMG]

7. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

Mwahahaha. Open it, use it, then rewrap it & put it under the tree. Just don't get caught.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:[​IMG]

Mwahahaha. Open it, use it, then rewrap it & put it under the tree. Just don't get caught.

omg!! I have done that before!! When i was a kid!!! parents never knew it!!!!

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I am also considering redoing the patio out back.... i have lost my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I, too, am awaiting the Solstice. I want the days to start getting longer, too! I so miss my special time with the chickens during the week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by