Call out to Quail Lady or anyone else who know Quail color!! *New Pics

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Aug 13, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    New Chicks In Question In Post 4

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Starting with the parentals, the hen is a normal red breast, the cock is a black face red breasted (carries blue face).

The first two photos are cinnamon (we won't know pearl or red breast until later in growth) and blue faces ( the little stripe under one is an indicator of double factor blue face...if the daddy is the parent in the photo on the bottom, he carries blue face no doubt as that is in the color...used to be mistaken as red breast male BUT the normal breast male looks like the normal blue face male but with more of an extension of red on his breast).

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Starting with the parentals, the hen is a normal red breast, the cock is a black face red breasted (carries blue face).

The first two photos are cinnamon (we won't know pearl or red breast until later in growth) and blue faces ( the little stripe under one is an indicator of double factor blue face...if the daddy is the parent in the photo on the bottom, he carries blue face no doubt as that is in the color...used to be mistaken as red breast male BUT the normal breast male looks like the normal blue face male but with more of an extension of red on his breast).

The Parents at the bottom are the new baby's parents (pictures 4-6) I dont know who the parents of the 3 babies in pictures 1-3 are (took the pictures off to keep from any confusion). they came from hatching eggs.
    So how did I get a Cinnamon (baby in pics remaining in OP) from those 2 parents?

4. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Here are the 3 one week olds now feathered out that I would like conformation on the color... Its suppose to be 1 Cinnamon and 2 Blue faces but that was back when they were first hatched...

Cinnamon Chick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Chick #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Chick #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  5. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    did the black ones come out of button eggs? they look like redrange coturnix

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Yup! their all Buttons!

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    They still look blue face and cinnamon to me.

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Thank you Quail Lady! maybe one day I'll be as good as you! lol

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It's actually easier to tell colors when they first hatch, so they should be right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by