call x Khaki Campbell?

hfchristy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Can anyone tell me what to expect from a call/khaki campbell cross? I'm wondering mostly about size and noise level.
We have an Australian Spotted drake who could use some similarly sized friends, and I found a local listing for this mix. Would that be a good fit? Will they be too loud for our village lot?

Thanks!

Should work out fine. Since your call is a drake, you won’t have to worry about him being too large and sexually damaging the hen...

@chickens really knows Call ducks better than anyone I can think of... let’s see what she thinks as well.

Should work out fine. Since your call is a drake, you won’t have to worry about him being too large and sexually damaging the hen...

@chickens really knows Call ducks better than anyone I can think of... let’s see what she thinks as well.

I don't know if I've ever seen call ducks in person, but it's my impression that they're even smaller than Australian Spotteds, right? I've always seen the spots described as "the largest of the bantam ducks".

We've had other ducks in with him, all bigger, but they grew up together or were introduced in his younger days. He's an old man now and doesn't get around very well, so I do worry about him, even though he's the drake. But, with the bigger ducks we do have, I don't want to bring something even smaller into the mix, either.

Really, what I'm looking for, is for this old man duck to finally get a little action before his time is up. We have three ladies, but all are significantly larger and the mechanics seem to be challenging!

They should be a good medium size, but I'm not sure on noise level. Calls are well... There's a reason they're called CALLS. Since they're mixes though, you never know. I'd go for it, it seems like they'd be worth trying out.

Definitely giving it some serious thought! They're a little far to go check out in person and not come home with any, though, so a little worried I'll bring them home even if I get there and see they're really not a good fit!

Definitely giving it some serious thought! They're a little far to go check out in person and not come home with any, though, so a little worried I'll bring them home even if I get there and see they're really not a good fit!
If you go, they will come home with you.

Back
Top Bottom