Called "Arizona's Immigration Law on Steroids"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fuzziebutt, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    WASHINGTON – A federal judge in Alabama ruled on Wednesday that the state can move forward with key provisions of an immigration law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of the state, ending a 14-month losing streak for anti-illegal-immigration advocates from Arizona to Georgia. U.S. District Judge Sharon Blackburn ruled that federal law does not prohibit state officials from checking the immigration status of students or suspects pulled over by police. Blackburn also refused to stop provisions that make it a misdemeanor for illegal immigrants not to carry immigration papers, allow police to hold suspected illegal immigrants without bond and bar state courts from enforcing contracts entered into by illegal immigrants.

Whatch think about it?

2. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Had my first brush with this stupid law just today. I just wanted to renew my registration. Yeash. Gotta PROVE I am a citizen before they will let me do that. Since I am still using a Florida dl, I have to go find my birth certificate just to renew my truck registration! LOLOL The folks at the DMV said my Florida license wasn't enough proof because it doesn't say USA on it anywhere. Now I ask you, how could they NOT know Florida is an actual state in the USA? I had to show a birth certificate to get my Florida license all those years ago--had to prove I was old enough to drive--so WHY isn't that good enough for Alabama?!?

Had my second brush with this dumb law a little bit later when I had to load my own feed at the feed store because the fellow who used to load it doesn't have a green card. Now the fellow who owns the feed store cannot find anyone willing to take the job because of all the heavy lifting.

So tell me again who is it this law is supposedly punishing besides ME?!? This is the MOST wrong-headed law I have ever had to deal with!

Rusty

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:Just a prime example of what happens when we allow a government to micro-manage our lives Rusty.
    Legislation with one intent often has consequences people never bothered to look at.

But with that I will close this thread as this topic has been addressed here before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by