1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Calling 4H Kids and Mom

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sherry, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Does this look like chicken duck? I think it's the same as yours. Is it Americauna? Her name, btw, is Sadie Rose.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Aww! Cute, but nope! Not quite like ChickenDuck! He looks like a duck now, and I hear his color is called Duck Wing, but we dont know yet if he is a Silver Duck Wing or a Bronze. Heres a few pics of our Duck-Man growin up for you to use for comparison, and because everybody loves him so much! lol [​IMG]

At 2 weeks:
    [​IMG]

At 4 weeks: (in the forground pictured next to Big Red, his pal)
    [​IMG]

At 5 weeks:
    [​IMG]

At 6 weeks:
    [​IMG]

At 7 weeks:
    [​IMG]

And now he is 8 weeks old, and I need to get a new photo of him, as he has certainly BUFFED out this week! lol

I DO have one Ameraucana that looks similar to yours. Heres a photo:

[​IMG]

Ours is a boy (his name is Pretty Boy) and his color is called Black Splash.

3. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Thank you so much. That helps. Sadie does look like Pretty Boy.
    Appreciate your help.

4. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I wish I had more like him! We have a female that is also a Black Splash, not quite as sharp lookin as him, but we're going to try breeding them and see what we get. We also have a lovely little Silver Duckwing gal that pals around with ChickenDuck...maybe we'll take that venture too...lol And they aren't even laying yet! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by