Calling All ARBA People And Mini Rex Breeders

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BlueLagoonRabbitry, Jun 4, 2011.

1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I have a few questions before I pick up a small/large Lynx Mini Rex Herd this weekend [​IMG]

1.) Lynx Is Dilute Of Choc Agouti Right.
    2.) What is the correct undercolor for lynx.
    3.) Does anyone raise lynx mini rex.

2. dbunni

dbunni Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Ohio
    According to the ARBA SOP for MR colors:

"The surface color on the top and sides of the body is to be lilac mingled with fawn. The intermediary band is to be fawn over an off-white undercolor. The chest is to be fawn over an off-white undercolor. The undercolor of the belly is to be lilac. Teh top of the tail is to be lilac, sparsely ticked with fawn, over an off-white undercolor. The nape of the neck is to be fawn."

Faults ... "Animals lacking the lilac influence in the surface color, so as to appear fawn. The lack of a distinct intermediary band is undesirable."

Hope this helps ... I love the lynx color, while we work with Blk otter (solid & broken) in MR. There are a strong handful of lynx English Angoras running around here!

3. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:I like the tort MRs a lot.
    I do believe that lynx is a dilute
    No Mini Rex yet but I'm still young.

4. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Thanx Alot dbunni [​IMG] Im looking into getting back into angoras

5. dbunni

dbunni Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Ohio
    You are welcome ... just be careful with the angoras ... they are just like Pringles ... you can never have enough! Oh ... wool ... oh ... spin ... yummmmmmy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by