Calling All Black Mottled Bantam Cochin Lovers!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jmurcks, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jmurcks

Jmurcks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    North Alabama
    I have a flock of black mottled bantam cochins. I have tenderly loved these chickens and they are very dear to my heart.
    I started with a trio from Jamie Matts and a single female from Matt McCammon.
    I currently have third year hatches on the ground. They are about 4-5 months old and looking great.
    I still have the original birds I started with.
    Each year I hatch a ton and keep the best looking ones to carry over. I have put a lot of time and love into this flock!
    There are roughly 40 birds and only about 8-10 are roos. I do have them banded from each year.
    There is only one rooster from the first year, three from the second year and the rest are from this year as I have not picked my favorites, yet. I think there are 5 or 6.
    They have been regularly wormed and dusted for mites. They eat flock raiser by purina.

I have to part with the whole flock. I don't want to but it is one of those things that happens in life.
    I would prefer they go to a really dedicated cochin lover.
    I have not had a sick bird (just hawk deaths) since I have had them and have never introduced new blood. They have never been exposed to other birds other than local wild ones. I am extremely picky about germs around them! We do not frequent flea markets, etc. and if we do we change clothes, shoes before checking on my birds.

I cannot ship them as it would be way too many to deal with and I am located in Hartselle, Alabama just south of Huntsville.

Thanks guys, sad day but I am praying they get a great home!

2. wildwoodcochins

wildwoodcochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I wish you lived closer [​IMG]

3. wenknox

wenknox Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    would you be willing to sell two to be shipped? I am dying for cochins, and have been searching!!!

4. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    HI, I would love to have a pair of them. It's too bad I'm not closer I'd take them all in a minute. I currently have blue, black, splash, lavender, white, white frizzle and birchen cochins. I've been wanting some mottled. If you decide to ship any let me know as well. I am sorry you are having to part with them. Cochins are my favorites here on the farm. I have standard heritage breed egg layers and easter eggers too, but the cochins have my heart!
    Best wishes with the auction!
    Bunny

5. Jmurcks

Oct 30, 2009
    North Alabama
    I would love to ship them but I haven't the slightest idea how to do it!
    Also, that would be quite a bit of work shipping off that many!

I don't care about selling them at all... I don't want a dime for them, just a great home that loves them like I do...
    I just didn't know where else on here to post them!

Thanks!

6. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Can you post some pics? Would you be willing to part with part, or are you wanting all of them to go to one home?

7. Jmurcks

Oct 30, 2009
    North Alabama
    My avatar is of one of my hens and I will try to get some pics of them in the yard.
    I would really rather they all go to the same home but would consider parting with just some of them.

8. Jmurcks

Oct 30, 2009
    North Alabama
    My rooster won a pic of the week once in 2010 [​IMG]

9. t42366

t42366 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    Philpot, KY
    Sent you a pm

10. bttrflywsh

bttrflywsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Ringgold
    I sent you a PM yesterday. Our daughter would love to take on your flock. She has been showing chickens for 3 years and loves her silkies and cochins. Please let us know.

Thanks

PS. Here is my FB page if you want to friend me and see her chickens. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1046196918

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by