CALLING ALL CHRISTMAS 2015 HATCH-A-LONGS!! (12-25-2015) WHATCHA- GOT IN YOUR BATOR?

I have a few all crosses with Dom rooster:
1 Barred Rock
2 Dominiques
3 Easter eggers
...and a partridge in a pear tree (just kidding).

Wow, a rooster in Chicago? I'm surprised they allow that! Well, good for you! I was born in Berwyn. Miss the museums off of LSD. Will have to get there next year.
Good luck on your hatches!

Last edited:
Hi there,

No roos allowed in chiraq!

I volunteered to take up to 4 pullets, when i found out about someone who needed to get rid of some chicks her daughter ordered without permission. I was talked into taking the roo.
I put two pieces of velcro on his neck, as a crow collar. He stopped crowing for a while, but started again. The volume and pitch are such that only the immediate neighbors can hear a crow. He did figure out how to be more vocal recently, so i adjusted one of the collars. Now, he makes little to no noise 9/10 times. When he does get a good one out, it is prob about 60% of normal.
As far as im concerned its keeping him alive, although i know some think its cruel.
He has started to flog other people who have entered the yard. He did it to me once and i punted him about 20 yards, with the top of my foot, not the toe/point. He flogged me one other time but he probably thought i was destroying his home/nest. I took the roof off to remodel the coop with indoor light, plumbing, and heat, and also raised the roof....stupid bird! ;)

Back
Top Bottom