Calling all Colorado Duck Breeders!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tylerhearn, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tylerhearn

tylerhearn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    Hello all,

I am looking for some young ducks for a friend of mine, but he needs females. Anyone out there with any? Right now he has English Callers and he had to separate the two males as the one was very aggressive once he "courted" the one female he had. He ended up getting a female Peking duck, but she was massive compared to him, and she eventually went with the other male because she was quite mean. We were thinking that if he get some smaller, juvenile females, or something along those lines it would help the one solitary male.

Any ideas, or does this work? Also, if you have any for sale or know a good place to get some in CO, please let me know!

Thanks all!!!!

[​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    He needs to get more call ducks, not any LF girls.

3. tylerhearn

Sep 2, 2011
    Quote:LF? Sorry, I am not familiar with ducks, would you mind explaining? And is is call ducks that he needs or just small ducks?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:LF? Sorry, I am not familiar with ducks, would you mind explaining? And is is call ducks that he needs or just small ducks?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

LF mean Large Fowl. You need some more bantams, like calls. How much do these drake weigh?

5. tylerhearn

Sep 2, 2011

Thanks!

[​IMG]

LF mean Large Fowl. You need some more bantams, like calls. How much do these drake weigh?

Thank you for all the replies! I think that his male couldn't weigh more than a couple of pounds max. I will have to ask him, but he said that the pekin was massive compared to him. He's thinking Mallards? What do you think?

Thanks again!

6. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Quote:LF mean Large Fowl. You need some more bantams, like calls. How much do these drake weigh?

Thank you for all the replies! I think that his male couldn't weigh more than a couple of pounds max. I will have to ask him, but he said that the pekin was massive compared to him. He's thinking Mallards? What do you think?

Thanks again!

Depending on the strain mallards can range from a smaller bantam size to quite large.
    If calls is what he has, he needs to get more calls to fix the problem or just get rid of the extra drake

7. tylerhearn

Sep 2, 2011
    So then....where is the best place to get some call ducks in the winter?!?!? Any suggestions on breeders or anything?!

THANKS!

8. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Celticoaksfarm has some calls for sale.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by